Monday, October 23, 2006

Singular They, Ben's 9-Month Check-Up

See. This is the problem when you have a bunch of word geeks in one room. Fights start to break out. Tempers flare. Blood pressure rises. All over word usage.

Today's fight is over the singular they. I vote for going with the flow, and allowing the singular they when going any other way would be stilted and awkward. The English language is a living language, people. Rules can change.

Anyway. Ben had his 9-month check-up this morning. And his flu shot. He's developing well, just like we thought. He's a little short and tubby, but that's okay. He only shouted a little bit after his flu shot. No real tears. I'm so proud of my boy.

Chester has to work tonight, so I'll be by myself when I put Ben down for the night. I think we'll make a tent in the living room and read books together.

Technorati Tags:
,