Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mommy Taught Ben To Be Gross

I saw something gross on TV, and I went "Blegh" really loud, like I was vomiting.

Oh, the things you forget about when you are tired. Ben was sitting right next to me, and of course he started imitating me.

It turned into a family game. Chris, Ben and I were going "Bleeagghhhh" for about three minutes. My throat is a little sore now from all the guttural noises.

I can hardly wait for Ben to do that when we're at my parents' church on Christmas Eve.

In other news, my mom and I went shopping today, and I now have lots of cute penguin ornaments for the tree, many many glittery snowflakes, another snowman and a few more toys for Ben so we'll have stuff from Santa (an el-cheapo train set from the dollar bins at Target).

Yesterday, I was totally inspired after all the homes on the Christmas tour (I think I hit about sixty), and I made some fun paper flowers to put up in our front window. I have multi-paned windows, so it was fun to put a big flower in each pane. It looks very festive both outdoors and indoors.

We also bought a snow globe today (with the nativity), but that didn't last more than a couple of hours. Now we have damp hardwood floors with lots of sticky glitter between the cracks.