Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday Four

Friday Four from http://www.belicove.com/archives/beliblog/cat_four_for_friday.html

(yes I realize these are from last Friday. I'll be more up-to-date next week)

Q1 - Holiday Decorations: We have a lot of 'holidays' here in the U.S., including New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Do you ever decorate your home or office space for a holiday? If so, which ones, and how far do you go with your decorating?

Q2 - Birth: Were you born in a hospital or somewhere else?

Q3 - Shoes: Do you wear shoes inside your home?

Q4 - Congressional Pages: The United States Congress employs approximately 100 teenagers from around the country as pages who serve as messengers and who perform administrative tasks for members of Congress. Would you allow your teenage child to be a Congressional page?


Q1: I have a wooden snowman in my cubicle that I take out when it gets cold. I leave it up until my birthday in April. This year, I put a pumpkin on our doorstep for halloween. But I have to say, other than that, I haven't decorated for a holiday since I lived with my parents. This will probably change for Christmas this year, now that I have a child who delights in music, color and texture. My decorating will be limited, though, to things he can enjoy, like lights and stuffed snowmen.

Q2: I was born in a hospital here in Wausau. Same hospital where I had my baby. My mother's water broke around eleven in the car on the way to the hospital, and I was born a little before one in the morning.

Q3: I do not wear shoes inside my home in the mornings or evenings. When Chester and I go home for lunch or run in to grab something, we leave our shoes on. It's more of a comfort thing for us.

Q4: Absolutely, if that was his/her wish. It's a horizon-broadening experience, and I would hope my son or daughter would know enough about how polite and civilized society behaves to know what was inappropriate or not... and to know what to say to sleazy old men.