Monday, October 30, 2006

SexyBack, SassyBack, StinkyBack, DroolingBack

I'm not expecting any work on my desk this week, so my skills were farmed out to the copywriting team. Oh joy. I don't mind so much, it's just that there's a reason why I'm not a copywriter. I find it dull and monotonous. Funnily enough, that's what most people think about proofreading, but I actually enjoy that kind of monotony.

I gave Ben a faux-hawk this morning. He looked adorable. We had to run to daycare at lunch time to drop off a change of clothes that we forgot to pack with him this morning. His caregiver Shelly pointed out that one of his first top teeth just popped through, and the second one is showing just below the surface. I got a little teary-eyed at how fast Ben is growing.

A few weeks ago, my boss, Lady Smo, shared the alternative lyrics she and her husband made up to Justin Timberlake's SexyBack for their one-year-old son.

I'm bringing sassy back
Yeah.
Those other babies don't know how to act.
Yeah.
If that's your snack, better watch your back.
Yeah.
I'll eat it up right now and that's a fact.
Yeah.

Last night, Chester and I came up with another verse for Ben.

I'm bringing stinky back
Yeah.
Those other babies don't know how to react.
Yeah.
If that's my diaper, you better turn right back.
Yeah.
Cuz I'll stink it up right now and that's a fact.
Yeah.

Today, Lady Smo shared another verse:

I'm bringing drooling back.
Yeah.
Those other babies just don't know they're fat.
Yeah.
If that's your hand, well then watch your back.
Yeah.
Cuz I'll juice it up right now and that's a fact.
Yeah.

Technorati Tags: , , ,