Monday, October 16, 2006

That was the question

To blog or not to blog. That was the question. I read other people's blogs daily. Sometimes I comment on them, but mostly I just lurk. I envy their outlet for energy and expression. Most of the time, I feel like there's no way in hell my writing could ever compare. But then again, who would I be writing for? So I've decided that I will blog just for myself. I'm not expecting comments. Ever. In my head, I'll pretend that this is just an online journal that only I can see.

In reality, my life's not outrageously entertaining, and I'm not looking for companionship over the ether. But there are times when I feel the need for someone to talk to. Someone to vent to. Someone to tell stupid little stories to. So you, dear blog, will suffice. I will treasure you. I will cherish you. I'll almost always be honest, and I promise to try not to be too whiny and bitchy. Geez. That kind of sounds like my wedding vows.

Technorati Tags: