Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Me? Vain? Sure.

This morning has been hectic. My boss left for the day at eleven, and I had to finish up her last minute stuff. The designers sent out an SOS for help, so I was reassigned for the morning. I had been looking forward to working on my own stuff today so I could stay on schedule. Oh well.

Is it wrong that I'm already looking at maternity clothes? It was all I could do not to add summer maternity clothes to my Christmas list. What can I say? I'm excited, and I'm not foreseeing any fertility problems. After Chester and I got married, it only took us two cycles to become pregnant. I'm not counting on it happening that quickly, because so many details have to fall into place for conception to happen.

Here's my answers to the meme at Mom Writes and The Dana Files:

1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
I'm surrounding by bookshelves at work, so I picked the first one I touched, The Robber Bride, by Margaret Atwood. "On these pilgrimages she collects relics: a flower from each site. Or a weed rather, because what she picks are common things--daisies, clovers, poppies. Sentimentalities of this kind seem reserved, in her, for people she does not know."

2. If you stretch out your left arm as far as possible, what are you touching?
A box of Kleenex, a cubicle wall.

3. What’s the last program you watched on TV?
Face Lift with Debbie Travis, on HGTV.</font>

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
1:24pm. (it was 1:33pm)

5. Aside from the computer, what can you hear right now?
"Now these thoughts are never resting..." The clock radio on my desk.

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
About twenty minutes ago, I was outside, walking back from my car. I went out for lunch. I had an oven-roasted twister wrap from KFC with a milk.

7. What are you wearing?
Red v-neck tee, jeans, white socks, white adidas superstar mules.

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
I dreamt I had a huge fight with Chester. He wanted to leave me, and I spent the rest of the dream trying to convince him not to.

9. When was the last time you laughed?
I'm really tense today... I don't know. I guess this morning with Ben. He was making silly sounds in the car on the way to daycare.

10. What’s on the walls, in the room you’re in right now?
It's my cubicle. I have a phone list, a list of local charities and the items they need for Christmas, a bunch of Ben pictures, and a magnet that says, "Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers, 'Grow, grow.'--The Talmud."

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?

One of the dads dropping off a child at daycare this morning had a really bad mullet. Slicked back sides and everything. I felt sorry for his daughter.

12. What do you think about this meme?
It's a wonderful way to spend a few minutes not working.

13. What’s the last film you saw?
I have a movie on every night when I go to sleep. Does that count? I have over 75 old classic movies on tape. Last night, it was Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. Other than that, it was White Christmas on Sunday.

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?

Pay off our debt, quit my job to be a SAHM, buy a house, pay off my families' mortgages, buy a hybrid vehicle, give to well-deserving charities, save a chunk for our children's trust funds, and invest the rest in safe mutual funds.

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know.
There's a lot about me that most people don't know. In college, I was "this close" to getting my nether region pierced. I was too scared of losing all sensation down there, though.

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt, what would it be?
This one is tough. I would like all forms of bigotry to disappear. Is that political?

17. Do you like to dance?
Not seriously in front of a bunch of people, but I like doing a little jig along with the radio. Unless people are expecting goofy dancing, in which case, I'm your girl.

18. George Bush?
Seems like a nice guy.

19. What do you want your future children’s names to be, girl/boy?
A girl will be Somerset. A boy will be Spencer.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yes. But only the British Isles.

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
Hey, I like what you did with all that crap I shoved at you in your early twenties.

22. Who should do this meme?
Anybody who would like to escape into vanity world for a little while.