Friday, April 06, 2007

Getting Ready For The Weekend

My mom came down today to take care of Ben since daycare was closed for Good Friday. They had an awesome morning. Ben even put himself to sleep for his nap. Nana was holding him on her lap, and he reached for the nuk that was on the table next to her. Then he squirmed down and pulled the blanket off of her lap. Then he walked over to his nap blanket and laid down and fell asleep. Simple as that.

My mom called and asked me how we had trained him to do that. Had to explain that it was just the magic of Benji, and we just encouraged it.

This afternoon, I got off of work early. An hour later, my sister, sister-in-law, niece and baby nephew blew into town. Boy was that fun. My nephew Gage is a chunk and a half. Seriously. He's four months old and twenty pounds. The 95th percentile across the board, so he's just really big all over. So funny. He has this cute button nose that is smack in the middle of this big cloud of baby fat. Absolutely adorable.

Eventually, everybody but the essentials left. And now Chester and I are enjoying a quiet evening at home with the Benmeister.

This weekend. Not a lot planned. We're not going to Easter dinner anywhere. Hopefully, we'll get some more work done on the bathroom, but I don't have a lot of expectations. My only task for the weekend is to rest. A lot.