Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dude, where my honk honk?

I decided that one of the cutest things that Ben has ever done is how he says "Hongh Hongh" whenever he sees or plays with a car. It's easier to say "Hongh Hongh" than "Car" ... which he doesn't even bother trying to say anymore. Everything is a "Kuck."

He was not pleased during my hour-long step aerobics video this morning (900 calories burned + almost vomiting from the exertion = priceless). He kept tugging on me saying "Ch00-choo!" "Kuck!" In Ben lingo, this means that he's getting upset that I'm not letting him watch his Thomas video or Cars dvd.

When I was finally on the floor for ab work at the end of the workout, and he got tired of climbing on me for the ride (wow, talk about added work), he started pushing his Lightning McQueen car at my head. After a few minutes, I gave up on trying to do more abs, and I just laid there on my side, playing cars with him. He was happy that I was finally paying attention to him, and I cooled down.

Tomorrow is a busy day. In the morning, we all go to the YMCA for our meeting with the director lady. Then in the afternoon, I leave BOTH of the kids with Chris while I go lie on my back at the doctor's office while she sticks a Mirena IUD up my whacker. I'm not looking forward to it, and I'm anticipating pain. That area is very uncomfortable. I won't go into details. Let's just say my dread is warranted. But hey. At least that whole birth control thing is taken care of until we know that Chris's snippy-snippy was effective.

My latest mantra about weight loss is: No going backwards, just forwards. Tomorrow is a better day then yesterday. Today is better than yesterday. Keep moving forwards without doing stupid stuff that would put be back again... like eating ice cream or a juicy greasy cheeseburger.