Monday, January 14, 2008

Not Really Bravery

So being brave is something like saving someone from a burning building or drinking the king's hemlock wine. Or, you know, going to war. I don't want to raise myself up to that level, because that would be petty.

All I'm doing is posting my "before" pictures. The pictures taken today, at the beginning of this weight loss battle, or a week and a half into the battle. We both have lost four pounds since our start weights, but they don't make much of a visual difference.

I don't know how often we'll take progress pictures. Maybe every twenty pounds. Haven't decided. Posting these pictures is a way of making us accountable to all my blog readers, because if we were to give up and go back to our old lives, it would be humiliating. The only thing really brave about this is that I'm risking negative comments, but I don't think I'll get any.