Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Meme 1 of 3

In the past couple weeks, I've been tagged for no less than three memes. Now that I finally have time to do a meme, I felt bad about just choosing one meme from someone and ignoring the rest. So I'm doing them all. Get ready for information overload!

1 of 3 came from RC of Hill Smith Family Update. Dear friend. Lovely lady. The woman who wears turtlenecks but secretly hates them. The woman who is totally enamored with her personal organizer thing. It's almost obscene.

Basically, I need to list 7 weird or random things about me. Here it goes.

1. I just started twittering yesterday. Kind of addictive. Totally addictive. It was all I could do not to drag my laptop around the house with me yesterday.

2. I got my left foot stuck in the spokes of my mom's bike when I was a baby. Miracle, I only ended up with a thick scar running down the second toe.

3. When I was little, I called pennies "deedle-deets." No one could figure out why.

4. I took a year of Japanese in college. I can't remember much of it anymore, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong. I can excuse myself and greet someone. I can also inquire after their health. Oh. And I can ask where the fish market is. I took it because of how much I loved my year of East Asian History. Terrific professor. Hugh Walker.

5. If I had enough money, I'd pay to have my tattoos removed.

6. I still have a lower bonded retainer in my mouth from when I had my braces removed when I was 15. I keep meaning to call an orthodontist to have it removed, but I always forget.

7. My family's favorite number is 46. When they got a dog (or was it when my other brother was born?), they asked my oldest brother what they should name it. He said "Forty-six." He loved how it sounded. They named the dog Bruce instead.