Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Meme 3 of 3

Now for the final meme, I present Val from Momma Val. A quirky SAHM from the suburbs from Chicago, she always brings something fresh to the table. She's neat, and I've learned a lot from her. She's someone who I know that I'd be friends with in real life, which is neat because we come from different worlds.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yup. In another life, my dad was a teacher. He had a student named Cheryl Lynn who was very cute and sweet.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
The morning after my bad dream this week. I was overwhelmed with relief and love for Anna.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yup. I was homeschooled for a few years in elementary school, and I spent hours working on my penmanship.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Sun-dried Tomato Turkey

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Duh. I have two.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Probably not because I'm a bit of a recluse. I usually need friends who are willing to make more of an effort at keeping up a friendship.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Yes. Unfortunately, Ben doesn't get it yet.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I am not a big risk taker. So no.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Almost any kind of granola. Definitely something with nuts.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No, and I kind of hate that about me.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Sometimes.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Heck. Right now, almost anything would taste awesome. But I really love mint chocolate chip with fudge swirls.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their clothes. I'm not a prig, and I'm not a fashion diva... But I value neatness. I hate leaving the house in sweats and ratty t-shirts. It doesn't take much to make a decent impression.

15. RED OR PINK?
Red.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My tendency towards inactivity. I really have to kick my ass most days to get moving.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Right now, I'm missing the family I used to nanny for. I also miss my mom, who is in California until Monday. And I wouldn't mind spending some time with my brothers and sisters.

18. WHAT IS YOUR IDEAL LIVING ARRANGEMENT (APT/BIG CITY, HOUSE/COUNTRY, ETC)?
Is it sad to say that I'm pretty damn happy right where I am? Small house in a small city. My second choice would be a larger house on the outskirts of town. Something with a big acreage where my children can safely roam and explore and make forts.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Jeans. No shoes. Not even socks. I pulled my laptop out as soon as I got up from my nap, and I'm not planning on accomplishing much this evening. The basement totally fulfilled my "need to do stuff" quota for the day.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A handful of nuts and raisins.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Anna squirming and huffing because I'm not holding her. Ben playing with his bead-and-wire box. TV.

22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
One of the pinkish red ones. Very versatile. I can use it for pink or red. It can be bricks, hearts, trees in the fall, lips, and Clifford.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Vanilla, fruits, fresh laundry, baby shampoo, cinnamon, chocolate.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Yesterday I talked to my SIL on the phone. I don't use the phone more than once or twice a week.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Totally.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
I love gymnastics. Ben loves NASCAR, so I put that on for him when Daddy is sleeping.

27. HAIR COLOR?
Dark brown. Getting darker as I get older. I was a blonde when I was born. My family is always startled by how dark my hair is now.

28. EYE COLOR?
Brown. More on the amber side rather than the chocolate side of brown.

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
I'm allergic to them. I wear glasses.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Spaghetti.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. I can't watch scary movies. Sometimes, I even have issues with CSI.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
That's easy. Cars.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue, green and white stripes.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter.

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs.

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Almost any kind of cheesecake. Or my mom's apple pie.

37. MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
I will probably be having it on Monday (but you'll have to wait for the blog post on that one). I still remember the feeling of humiliation when I kept pooping while I was birthing Ben. I know it's natural and no big deal, but dammit. It's just not something I do in front of people. Especially when I can't clean it up myself.

38. PROUDEST MOMENT (BEFORE MARRIAGE AND KIDS)?
Getting hired as a proofreader.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I just finished listening to Citizen Vince by Jess Walker. Lots of profanity, but a VERY interesting story, and lots of neat writing techniques.

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I have an iBook. My "mouse pad" is a small square of plastic that I run my finger around to make the cursor move.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
American Idol. Don't judge me.

42. FAVORITE SOUND?
My children laughing at each other.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles.

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Czech Republic.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I'm an excellent googler. I haven't met anyone in person who can match me on my searching skills.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Just down the street.

I'm ending with 46, because I'm feeling sentimental about my family. And because I'm not tagging anybody. If anybody needs blog fodder, they can go ahead and use any of these memes.