Thursday, July 03, 2008

Great Big Gigantic Family Extravaganza!

Sometimes I feel a bit isolated from my siblings. They all live within 45 minutes of each other on the eastern side of the state. If I ever move away from Wausau, I will want to move over there to throw myself into that mucky, wonderful mess of people.

Tonight after Chris gets done with his last economics class ever, we're driving a couple hours to Oshkosh. It'll be the middle of the night, but she's leaving the door open for us. A saint. A very pregnant, beautiful saint. Tomorrow morning, we're getting up at the butt crack of dawn to get ready to drive to a 5K race that benefits wounded soldiers.

Everyone and their grandma will be there. That is, everyone in my family will be there. I'm not sure who all is racing, but we managed to guilt everyone into showing up for the occasion (Hi Everybody!). My parents will even be there, though my father would rather be in the UP.

Afterwards, we're having a great, big, gigantic, blowout of a family picnic back at my sister's house in Oshkosh. After that? I have no idea. We might even stay another night, we'll be having so much freakin' fun!

I'm excited to see everyone and show off my kids. I'm excited to walk (not run) a 5K "race." I'm excited to show off my new rykä Tri Trainers for the festivities. I'm excited to see my nieces and nephews and lovingly rub my sister's tummy.

What are your plans for the holidays?